Malibu Real Estate
Malibu is an affluent beach city located within Los Angeles County. Malibu is known to embody a lifestyle of casually elegant beach living due to an active outdoor living and its proximity to Los Angeles. Titans of industry and celebrities have long flocked to Malibu and its promise of a simple life within a short drive to a world-class city. The Malibu real estate listings below are compiled from all of Malibu, both oceanfront homes and those located along the ridges and canyons of the Santa Monica Mountains. To only view Malibu Beach real estate, follow the link. Neighborhoods within Malibu include the following: Carbon Beach, Malibu Colony, Sunset Mesa, Serra Retreat, Malibu Pacifica, Latigo Canyon, Winding Way, Bonsall Canyon, Zuma Canyon, Ramirez Canyon, Malibu Park, Carbon Mesa, the East Knolls and West Knolls sections of Malibu Knolls, Malibu Country Estates, Paradise View Estates, Malibu West, Big Rock Beach, Big Rock Mesa, Broad Beach, Malibu Road, Sea Level Drive, El Matador Beach, Malibu Cove Colony, Encinal Bluffs, La Costa Beach, Latigo Shores, Escondido Beach, Las Flores Beach, Topanga Beach, Las Tunas County Beach, and Point Dume. Read below for more Malibu information and additional info on Malibu real estate.
Malibu Real Estate
||$1,000,000 - $2,000,000
|$2,000,000 - $3,000,000
||$3,000,000 - $5,000,000
||$5,000,000 - $7,500,000
|$7,500,000 - $10,000,000
||$10,000,000 - $15,000,000
||$15,000,000 - $20,000,000
|$20,000,000 - $30,000,000
||$30,000,000 - $40,000,000
667 Properties Found. Showing Page 1 of 32
One Of The Greatest Oceanfront Bluff Estates In The World. Situated On Over 3 Park-like Acres In ...
The First In The Malibu Series, This Landmark Home, And Guest House, Is Situated On One Of Malibu...
One Of The Most Significant Residential Compounds In The United States, La Villa Contenta Offers ...
Newly-constructed, Never Lived In, Gated And Private Bluff-top, Retreat Designed By Renowned Arch...
Situated Off Pacific Coast Highway On Malibu's Famed Broad Beach, Recognized The World Over For I...
Comprised Of 5 Exceptional Architectural Bluff Estates In The Heart Of Malibu Is The Case:earning...
This Point Dume Estate Is Part Of The Private Collection From The James Perse Residential Project...
***under Construction*** Malibu's Finest Modern Home On Malibu's Most Desirable Street! Designed...
Once In A Life Time Opportunity. A Rare And Iconic Property Offering 100' Of Dry Sandy Beach Fron...
Enter The Private Gates Of Il Pelicano & Take In The Breathtaking Views Of The Pacific Ocean. Thi...
Located On The Oceanfront Bluffs Of The Exclusive Marisol Community, This Unbelievable Modern Hom...
Located On Sandy Malibu Colony Beach, This Stunning Architectural Four Bedroom Residence Plus Gue...
Palace On The Beach. Spectacular Gated Architectural Estate On Point Dume. Long Private Driveway,...
One-of-a-kind Opportunity To Own A 25-acre Compound W/awe-inspiring Ocean Views,remarkable Featur...
Private & Gated Estate W/apx. 105' Of Spectacular Beach Frontage W/ Private Stairs To Westward Be...
As If Plucked From The Isle Of Capri, This Malibu Residence Combines Architectural Simplicity W/c...
Completely Reimagined & Rebuilt Custom Home Built From The Sand Up. This Three-level Home Is Equi...
A Rare Find, This Modern Home Sits On 76' Of Beach Frontage On Sandy Section Of Malibu Road. Floo...
Endless Opportunities For This Approximately 7 Acre Ocean View Compound That Is Spread Across Thr...
Set On Apx. 15.5 Acres At The Top Of Winding Way, This Contemporary Malibu Masterpiece By Archite...
The Finest Fixer Compound Opportunity In The Coastline. Located Just 10 Minutes From Pacific Pali...
For access to additional Malibu real estate in the form of off-market pocket listings, contact our Malibu Realtors.
Malibu is located within the 90265, 90264, 91301, 91302, and 90290 zip codes and is bordered by the Pacific Palisades and Topanga to the east; Mulholland Highway, the Santa Monica Mountains, Calabasas, Agoura Hills, and Thousand Oaks; Ventura County to the west; and a 21-mile strip of coastline bordering the Pacific Ocean to the south. Signs around the city proclaim “27 miles of scenic beauty” which refer to the 27-mile length of Malibu prior to the city incorporating in 1991. The Pacific Coast Highway (aka: PCH or State Route 1) cuts through Malibu, generally parallel to the coastline, with most residents living within a quarter of a mile to the road.
The name of Malibu comes from the a group of Native Americans, the Chumash, who called the area “Humaliwo” meaning “the surf sounds loudly.” With the “hu” not stressed in the Chumash word, their name for the area is similar to our pronunciation today. Locals and surfers have taken to calling Malibu by an abbreviated “the Bu."
Over 70% of homes in Malibu are owner occupied.
- Surfrider Beach: First World Surfing Reserve site
- Carbon Beach
- Zuma Beach
- Malibu Beach
- Malibu Lagoon Beach
- Topanga Beach
- Escondido Beach
- Big Dume Beach
- Point Dume Beach
- Dan Blocker Beach
- Westward Beach (aka: Free Zuma)
- Nicholas Canyon Beach
- Pirate's Cove
- Malibu Bluffs Park
- Trancas Canyon Park
- Las Flores Creek Park
- Legacy Park
- Malibu Creek State Park
- Solstice Canyon Park
Famous Malibu Estates and Homes:
- 3401 Serra Road (aka: Serra Retreat): Started in the 1920s as the Rindge Family mansion, sold unfinished to the Franciscan Order, and now operated as a retreat. Burned in 1970 and rebuilt using many of the original tiles from Malibu Potteries
- 3556 Sweetwater Mesa Road (aka: The Pier House): 1981 contemporary architecture. Former home of Matthew Perry
- 3551 Cross Creek Lane: 2008 Italianate. Former home of Brook Burke and David Charvet
- 31250 Broad Beach Road (aka: Borman Residence): Architect: Frank Gehery
- 78 Malibu Colony Road (aka: Stevens Residence): Architect: John Lautner
- 23324 Malibu Colony Road: 1980 home. Home of philanthropist Wallis Annenberg. Renovation architect: Fred Fisher
- 23445 Malibu Colony Road: 1959 home. Featured in Haute Living. Former home of Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee
- 26940 Malibu Cove Colony Drive: 1982 contemporary architectural home. Architect: Ron Goldman, AIA
- 24752 Malibu Road: 1994 contemporary architectural home. Published in Architectural Digest. Architects: Kanner Associates
- 21830 Pacific Coast Highway: 1990 modern beach house. Former home of Janet Jackson
- 22108 Pacific Coast Highway: Home of David Geffen being shopped as a pocket listing for $100M
- 22426 Pacific Coast Highway (aka: The Segel Residence): 1979 architectural estate. Former home of Courtney Cox and David Arquette. Purchased by Frank and Jamie McCourt, former owners of the Los Angeles Dodgers, in 2007 for $33.5 million, a number that represents one of the highest prices paid for a home in Los Angeles based on price per square foot. Architect: John Lautner
- 23200 Pacific Coast Highway (aka: Adamson House): The "Taj Mahal of Tile" was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977 and designated as California Historical Landmark No. 966 in 1985. Located next to the Malibu Pier, which was originally built for the family lot. Architect: Stiles O. Clements of the architectural firm of Morgan, Walls & Clements
- 24910 Pacific Coast Highway: 2001 Mediterranean home. Home of Kym Gold
- 25040 Pacific Coast Highway: 2014 modern architectural home. Home of Kurt Rappaport featured in Architectural Digest. Architect: Scott Mitchell
- 26880 Pacific Coast Highway (aka: La Villa Contenta): 2002 Mediterranean estate
- 32058 Pacific Coast Highway: 1983 contemporary architectural home. Featured on the television show "Modern Family." Architect: Marshall Lewis
- 33618 Pacific Coast Highway: 1960 architectural beach house. Architect: Harry Gesner
- 41800 Pacific Coast Highway: 2010 contemporary architectural home. Architect: Ed Niles
- 28815 Grayfox Street (aka: Garwood Residence): 1972 organic architectural. Architect: John Lautner
- 28965 Grayfox Street: 1960 California Hacienda. Former home of Sean Penn
- 6525 Point Lechuza Drive (aka: LaFetra Beach House): The last built project of Koenig. Architect: Pierre Koenig
- 29715 Cuthbert Road (aka: Tin House): 1972 modern architectural home. Originally designed for Ron Davis. Former home of Patrick Dempsey. Featured on the cover of Architectural Digest. Architect: Frank Gehry
- 340 North Kanan Road (aka: Malibu Rocky Oaks Estates): Used in the filming of The Hangover Part 3
- 3020 Corral Canyon Road: 1997 Contemporary interpretation of a barn house. Home of Richard Landry. Architect: Richard Landry
- 31341 Mulholland Highway: 1991 Mediterranean. Former home of Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee
- 33583 Mulholland Highway (aka: The Henman House): 1993 contemporary estate. Featured in numerous movies and television shows, including Face/Off, Starship Troopers, Benchwarmers, Fun with Dick and Jane, and Project Alf. Architect: Ed Niles
- 6622 Portshead Rd: Former home of Mike Judge
- 7145 Grasswood Avenue: 2006 contemporary architectural home. Architects: Griffin-Enright
- 27218 Escondido Beach Road: 1965 post-and-beam mid-century modern architectural home. Photographed by Julius Shulman. Architect: William T. Dreiss
- 21656 Las Flores Heights Road: 1977 architectural home. Architect: Bruce Bolander
- 6225 Frondosa Drive: 1962 mid-century modern architectural home in the post-and-beam style
- 21732 Castlewood Drive: 1995 post-and-beam architectural home. Architect: Doug Rucker
Notable and Celebrity Malibu Residents (Past and Present):
- Bill Murray: Actor and Comedian
- Jeff Bridges: Actor. Portrayed "The Dude" in The Big Lebowski
- Matthew McConaughey: Actor
- Tom Hanks: Actor and Producer
- Jack Nicholson: Actor
- Robert Redford: Actor and Director
- Steven Spielberg: Director
- James Cameron: Director and Producer
- Leonardo DiCaprio: Actor
- Sean Penn: Actor and Director
- Charlize Theron: Actress
- Brad Pitt: Actor
- Angelina Jolie: Actress
- Jennifer Aniston: Actress
- Courtney Cox: Actress
- David Arquette: Actor
- Jack Lemmon: Actor
- Walter Matthau: Actor
- Pamela Anderson: Actress and Sex Symbol
- Cher: Singer and Actress
- Janet Jackson: Singer and Actress
- Eddie Murphy: Comedian and Actor
- Beck: Musician
- Sting: Musician
- Anthony Hopkins: Actor
- Shirley MacLaine: Actress
- Bruce Willis: Actor
- Sylvester Stallone: Actor
- Nick Nolte: Actor
- Gary Busey: Actor
- Kurt Russell: Actor
- Goldie Hawn: Actress
- Kate Hudson: Actress
- Barbra Streisand: Singer and Actress
- Robert Downey, Jr.: Actor
- Kris Kristofferson: Singer-Songwriter and Actor
- Johnny Carson: Talk Show Host and Comedian
- David Letterman: Talk Show Host and Comedian
- Jimmy Kimmel: Talk Show Host and Comedian
- Josh Groban: Musician
- Kenny G: Saxophonist
- Halle Berry: Actress
- Carroll O'Connor: Actor
- John Stamos: Actor
- Angelyne: Los Angeles "Billboard Queen"
- Clara Bow: Silent-Film Actress and Sex Symbol
- Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter: Rapper, Music Producer, Business
- Beyonce: Musician
- Rachel Ashwell: Author and Designer associated with Shabby Chic
- Rob Lowe: Actor
- Sam Elliott: Actor
- Bette Davis: Actress
- Bob Dylan: Musician
- Larry Ellison: Founder and CEO of Oracle. Owns 10 properties (including 5 adjacent properties) on Billionaire Beach. Ellison also owns NoBu Malibu on the Pacific Coast Highway
- David Geffen: Entertainment Mogul, Producer, and Music Producer
- Minnie Driver: Actress
- Richard Dean Anderson: Actor known for the lead role in MacGyver
- Charles Bronson: Actor
- Louis Gossett, Jr.: Actor
- Edward P. Roski: Real Estate Businessman; CEO and Chairman of Majestic Realty Co.
- Jamie McCourt: Businesswoman, Investor, and Former Dodgers CEO
- Matt Groening: Cartoonist of The Simpsons and Futurama
- Leo Cullum: Cartoonist known for his work in The New Yorker
- Mel Brooks: Director, Writer, and Producer
- David Spade: Comedian and Actor
- Jim Carrey: Actor
- John Cusack: Actor
- Stephen Dorff: Actor
- Brad Garrett: Comedian and Actor
- Mel Gibson: Actor, Director, and Producer
- Diana Ross: Singer and Actress
- Dustin Hoffman: Actor
- Lee Majors: Actor
- George C. Scott: Actor
- Whoopi Goldberg: Comedian and Actress
- Fran Drescher: Actress
- Dick Van Dyke: Actor and Comedian
- Dick Clark: Radio and Television Personality
- Howie Mandel: Comedian, Game Show Host, and Actor
- Michael Landon: Actor
- Katharine Ross: Actress
- Linda Ronstadt: Singer
- Kristen Bell: Actress
- Dax Shepard: Actor, Comedian, Writer, and Director
- Jackie Collins: Novelist
- Shannen Doherty: Actress
- Dyan Cannon: Actress, Screenwriter, Director, Producer, Editor
- James Brolin: Actor, Director, and Producer. Husband of Barbra Streisand and father of Josh Brolin
- Danny DeVito: Actor, Director, and Producer
- Rhea Perlman: Actress
- Camille Grammar: Former Television Personality on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Dancer, Model, and Ex-Wife of Kelsey Grammar
- Mark Hamill: Actor
- Axl Rose: Musician. Frontman and Singer for Guns "N Roses
- John Lydon (aka: Johhny Rotten): Singer for The Sex Pistols
- Rick Springfield: Musician and Actor
- Melissa Etheridge: Musician
- Pierce Brosnan: Actor
- Timothy Hutton: Actor
- Jennifer Jones: Actress
- Dean Cain: Actor
- Tatum O'Neal: Actress
- Suzanne Somers: Actress and Entrepreneur
- Cindy Crawford: Supermodel and Sex Symbol
- Richard Gere: Actor
- Donald Sterling: Owner of the Los Angeles Clippers NBA team
- Reggie Miller: Retired Hall of Fame NBA Basketball Player
- Kevin Garnett: NBA Basketball Player
- Martin Sheen: Actor
- Charlie Sheen: Actor
- Emilio Estevez: Actor and Director
- Jeffrey Katzenberg: Producer
- Jerry Bruckheimer: TV producer
- Giada De Laurentiis: Chef and Tevision Personality
- Roma Downey: Actress and Producer
- Jane Seymour: Actress
- Jimmy Page: Guitarist for Led Zeppelin
- Eddie Van Halen: Guitarist for Van Halen
- Anthony Kiedis: Frontman and Singer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Pink: Singer
- Louis Leithold: Mathematician and Teacher, best known for authoring The Calculus, a textbook about calculus responsible for changed teaching methods of calculus in high schools and universities around the world
- Valerie Bertinelli: Actress
- Miley Cyrus: Singer and Actress
- John Krasinski: Actor
- Olivia De Berardinis: Pin-Up Artist
- Barbara Stanwyck: Actress
- Gloria Swanson: Actress
- Olivia Newton-John: Singer and Actress
- John Travolta: Actor
- Henry Hill: Former Mafia Associate and inspiration for Goodfellas
- Suge Knight: CEO of Death Row Records
- Rick Rubin: Record Producer and Co-President of Columbia Records
- Will Smith: Rapper, Actor, and Producer
- Jada Pinkett Smith: Actress and Musician
- Jaden Smith: Actor and Rapper
- Shwayze: Rapper
- Frank Sinatra: Singer and Actor
- Grace Slick: Singer for Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship
- Britney Spears: Singer
- Vince Van Patten: Actor, Former Professional Tennis Player, and Poker Tour Announcer
- Larry Hagman: Actor
- Victoria Principal: Actress
- David Duchovny: Actor
- Téa Leoni: Actress
- Bruce Dern: Actor
- Laura Dern: Actress
- Emily Blunt: Actress
- Colbie Caillat: Musician
- Adam Carolla: Comedian
- Patrick Dempsey: Actor
- Stacy Keach: Actor
- William Wyler: Director, Screenwriter, and Producer
- Paris Hilton: Hilton Hotels Heiress, Socialite, Actress, and Entrepreneur
- Herb Alpert: Founder of A&M Records and Musician
- Ali MacGraw: Actress
- Richard John Cyril "Rick" Allen: Def Leppard Drummer
- Laird Hamilton: Big-Wave Surfer
- Ben Bostrom: Motorcycle Racer
- Brad Paisley: Country Musician
- Ryan Braun: Professional Baseball Player
- Brody Jenner: Reality Television Personality on The Hills and Keeping Up With The Kardashians
- Lauren Conrad: Reality Television Personality on The Hills
- Shannon Marketic: Model and Miss USA 1992
- Tami Farrell: Miss Teen USA 2003 and Miss California USA 2009
- Paul Almond: Filmmaker and Novelist
The information being provided by CARETS (CLAW, CRISNet MLS, DAMLS, CRMLS, i-Tech MLS, and/or VCRDS) is for the visitor's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties visitor may be interested in purchasing.
Any information relating to a property referenced on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of CARETS. This web site may reference real estate listing(s) held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent who owns this web site.
The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The data contained herein is copyrighted by CARETS, CLAW, CRISNet MLS, DAMLS, CRMLS, i-Tech MLS and/or VCRDS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
CARETS, California Real Estate Technology Services, is a consolidated MLS property listing data feed comprised of CLAW (Combined LA/Westside MLS), CRISNet MLS (Southland Regional AOR), DAMLS (Desert Area MLS), CRMLS (California Regional MLS), i-Tech MLS (Glendale AOR/Pasadena Foothills AOR) and VCRDS (Ventura County Regional Data Share).
Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 12:46am PDT