Homes for Sale in Toluca Lake
Search all Toluca Lake houses for sale and real estate listings. Toluca Lake was developed in the 1920s. Architecturally, the first houses built in Toluca Lake were Spanish Revival homes as a condition of purchasing a lot in the subdivision. The Spanish theme for the development was a tribute to the history of the area. The Treaty of Cahuenga, signed nearby in 1847, was the informal agreement which ended the fighting of the Mexican-American war. Today, Toluca Lake homes come in a wide variety of architectural styles.
For more information about homes for sale in Toluca Lake or to schedule a private showing of a listing, contact our expert Toluca Lake real estate agents today. Be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Toluca Lake properties come on the market. These timely alerts will help you stay ahead of the competition for the best Toluca Lake homes.
Latest Toluca Lake Real Estate Listings
Toluca Lake Information
Mature shade trees line the streets of this bucolic neighborhood, but don’t let laid back vibe fool you: Toluca Lake isn’t one of the toniest districts in Los Angeles. Gorgeous homes dot the area with a tight concentration of properties owned by show business luminaries around Celebrity Row (along between the streets of Woodbridge Street, Arcola Avenue, and Whipple Street).
The main drag in Toluca Lake is Riverside Drive. Along the street, locals enjoy a row of restaurants, mostly locally-owned establishments rather than national chain stores which is unique for a commercial strip in Los Angeles. Passersby cannot escape the iconic 1950s diner Bob’s Big Boy restaurant with its oversized neon sign and plastic mascot near the front door.
Toluca Lake itself (after which the neighborhood is named) is a small body of water that is privately owned by the homeowners whose properties touch it. Thus, there is no public access. The Toluca Lake Property Owners Association handles maintenance.
The private Lakeside Golf Club opened in 1924. Members and their guests enjoy a 6539-yard, 18-hole course with territorial views of the Santa Monica Mountains. Members of the club have included numerous celebrities over the years.
While the first homes in Toluca Lake were Spanish Revival, home shoppers will also find Traditional, Ranch, Tudor, Modern, Mid Century Modern, Spanish, Mediterranean, Colonial, and Cape Cod homes here.
Famous Toluca Lake Estates and Homes:
- 10346 Moorpark Street: The Bob Hope Estate built in 1939, Richard Finkelhor Architect, expanded in the 1960s by architect John Elgin Woolf
- 10106 Toluca Lake Avenue: A rare three-story home Designed by Park French, Toluca Lake’s original architect whose movie star clients included Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, and Norma Talmadge
- 10063 Toluca Lake Avenue: 1934 Colonial home, featured in Architectural Digest, former home of Tex Ritter
- 10250 Moorpark Street: The Carl D. and Carolyn Devries House, built in 1935 and former residence of "Tennessee" Ernie Ford. Architect: Paul R. Williams
- 4701 Sancola Avenue: The Leon and Stella B. Errol House built in 1940. Site of the wedding reception of former U.S. President Ronald Regan and wife, Nancy, in 1952. The former home of William Holden and Denzel Washington. Featured in Architectural Digest, April 1992
Notable Toluca Lake Residents (Past and Present):
- Bing Crosby - Singer, Comedian, and Actor
- Bob Hope - Comedian, Actor, and Author
- Frank Sinatra - Singer, Actor, and Producer
- W.C. Fields - Actor and Writer
- Amelia Earhart - Aviator and Author
- Miley Cyrus - Singer, Songwriter, and Actress
- William Holden - Actor
- Steve Carell - Actor, Producer, Writer, and Director
- Nancy Carell - Actor, Writer, Producer, and Comedian
- Melissa McCarthy - Actor, Writer, Director, Producer, and Fashion Designer
- Justin Bieber - Singer
- Viola Davis - Actor and Producer
- Denzel Washington - Actor, Director, and Producer
Bookmark this page to get the latest Toluca Lake real estate for sale; this page is updated with Toluca Lake real estate listings several times per day from for the most extensive Toluca Lake MLS.
When you click on a listing, you’ll see important property information like the price, year built, the size of the home (square feet), the size of the lot (acres), number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and other details. Interior and exterior features like pools, floor materials, fireplaces, and appliances will be itemized. The architectural style of the home will also be noted.
You’ll be able to check the number of days the home has been on the market (DOM), the MLS number, and the current MLS listing status (active, under contract, or pending). If HOA fees are applicable, those will also be presented.
Use our maps to see where the house is situated and read up on Toluca Lake area information such as local schools and public transportation. You will also see a list of similar properties for sale nearby that will show you additional Toluca Lake homes that you might find appealing.
Toluca Lake Real Estate Agents
If you're looking to buy a home, contact our Toluca Lake Realtors®; we're the LOCAL experts and can answer all of your Toluca Lake neighborhood and home buying questions.
If you're planning to sell your home in the Toluca Lake area, our listing agents can provide a list of houses recently sold nearby (a.k.a. comparables) and up-to-date Toluca Lake real estate market data.