Homes for Sale in Westwood
Search all Westwood houses for sale and real estate listings. Westwood is an affluent neighborhood located on the Westside of Los Angeles. It is best-known as the home to the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). Westwood real estate is dominated by single-family homes on manicured streets. Neighborhoods within Westwood include Little Holmby, Wilshire Corridor, Westwood Village, and North Village.
For more information about homes for sale in Westwood or to schedule a private showing of a listing, contact our expert Westwood real estate agents today. Be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Westwood properties come on the market. These timely alerts will help you stay ahead of the competition for the best Westwood homes.
Latest Westwood Real Estate Listings
Westwood is located within the 90024, 90049, 90025, 90095, and 90073 zip codes and is bordered to the north by Holmby Hills, Bel Air, and Sunset Boulevard; to the west by Brentwood and the 405; to the south by Century City, West LA and Santa Monica Boulevard; and to the east by Los Angeles Country Club.
Westwood was formed on the portion of Wolfskill Ranch Arthur Letts purchased and, after Letts passed away, the land was developed by Janss Investment Company. An early coup secured the success of the area when Westwood was selected for the home of a new university. The Southern Branch of the University of California, which was to become UCLA, opened in 1926 on land sold to it at a below-market price of $1 million by the Janss Investment Company, which effectively gave the university a gift of $3.5 million.
Today, Westwood Village, a commercial district with shops, restaurants, and historic movie theaters, is the social heart of Westwood. The shopping district was developed by the Janss Investment Company, opened in 1929, and has retained its village-like atmosphere to the present day.
Famous Westwood Estates and Homes:
- 644-648 Kelton Avenue (aka: Kelton Apartments): Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument No. 365. Architect: Richard Neutra
- 638-642 Kelton Avenue (aka: Elkay Apartments): Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument No. 368. Architect: Richard Neutra
- 11155 Montana Avenue: 1933 Tudor. Architect: Percy Lewis
- 200 Loring Avenue: 1932 Tudor home. Architect: Paul Williams
- 1254 Fairburn Avenue: Contemporary architectural home. Architect: Lorcan O'Herlihy
- 10571 Wyton Drive: 1932 Spanish Colonial Revival home. Architect: Percy Parke Lewis
Westwood Luxury Buildings:
- Beverly West (1200 Club View Drive)