Homes for Sale in Windsor Square
Search all Windsor Square houses for sale and real estate listings. Windsor Square is located in the Greater Wilshire area of Los Angeles and home to some of the most interesting and unique residential architecture in the city. The neighborhood was subdivided in 1911 with oversized lots and then marketed as the most exclusive neighborhood in Southern California. It was designated a City of Los Angeles Historic Preservation Overlay Zone (HPOZ) in 2004.
For more information about homes for sale in Windsor Square or to schedule a private showing of a listing, contact our expert Windsor Square real estate agents today. Be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Windsor Square properties come on the market. These timely alerts will help you stay ahead of the competition for the best Windsor Square homes.
Windsor Square Real Estate Listings
Windsor Square Neighborhood
Windsor Square is located within the 90004, 90020, and 90010 zip codes and is bordered by Hancock Park to the west, Larchmont to the north, Koreatown to the east, and Greater Wilshire to the south. Windsor Square is often mistakenly called "Hancock Park," even by long-time residents. Hancock Park, however, is the neighborhood to the west of Windsor Square.
Robert A. Rowan began the unique residential development in 1911 and called it Windsor Square. Rowan's vision for the community was as a private square with both the homes and the streets privately owned. Rowan also controlled the aesthetic of his new development, installing deed restrictions mandating a minimum cost per home that was quite steep for the time and resulted in renowned architects such as Paul Williams and A.C. Martin designing homes for the area. In order to create an open park-like setting, Rowan discouraged fences and walls between properties, so the grounds of one home would flow into another, and his community was the first in Los Angeles to bury power lines below grade.
The result was many of Los Angeles' elite moved to Windsor Square, including Norman Chandler, Peter Janss, George A.J. Howard, and John Paul Getty, whose home on Irving Boulevard is now the official residence of the Mayor of Los Angeles.
Famous Windsor Square Estate and Homes:
- 605 South Irving Boulevard (aka: Getty House): The official residence of the Mayor of Los Angeles. Landscape Architect: A.E. Hanson
- 455 Lorraine Boulevard (aka: Los Tiempos or Dorthy Chandler Estate): Former home of Peter Janss and Norman and Dorothy Chandler. Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument No. 863. Architects: Julia Morgan, William Dodd, and J. Martyn Haenke
- 501 South Plymouth (aka: O'Melveny House): 1908 English Craftsman Estate. Architects: Hunt, Eager, and Burns
- 605 South Plymouth (aka: Bullock/Gless House): Home was moved to this location. Architect: Arthur Heineman
- 601 South Windsor Boulevard: 1914. Built for Milton Getz. Architects: Sumner P. Hunt and Silas Burns
- 637 S Lucerne Boulevard: Built in 1902 an moved to current site in 1924. Famous filming location used in numerous movies. Architect: John C. Austin
- 5008 West 2nd Street: 1973. Architect: Hal Levitt
Notable and Celebrity Windsor Square Residents (Past and Present):
- John Paul Getty: Oil Magnate
- Norman Chandler: Publisher of The Los Angeles Times
- Peter Janss: Real Estate Developer of Holmby Hills and Westwood
- George A.J. Howard: Financier
Windsor Square Real Estate Information
Always get the newest Windsor Square properties; this page is updated with Windsor Square real estate listings several times per day from for the most extensive Windsor Square MLS.
When you click on a listing, you’ll see important property information like the price, year built, size of the home (square feet), size of the lot (acres), number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and other details. Interior and exterior features like pools, floor materials, fireplaces, and appliances will be itemized. The architectural style of the home will also be noted.
You’ll be able to check the number of days home has been on market (DOM), the MLS number, and the current MLS listing status (active, under contract, or pending). If HOA fees are applicable, those will also be presented.
Use our maps to see where the house is situated and read up on Windsor Square area information such as local schools and public transportation. You will also see a list of similar properties for sale nearby that will show you additional Windsor Square homes that you might find appealing.
Windsor Square Real Estate Agents
If you're looking to buy a home, contact our Windsor Square Realtors®; we're the LOCAL experts and can answer all of your Windsor Square neighborhood and home buying questions.
If you're planning to sell your home in the Windsor Square area, our listing agents can provide a list of houses recently sold nearby (a.k.a. comparables) and up-to-date Windsor Square real estate market data.