Malibu Beach Homes for Sale
Search all Malibu Beach houses for sale. Malibu hugs 21 miles of Pacific Ocean shoreline in Los Angeles County. Malibu real estate ranges from waterfront bungalows to grand historic estates. The oceanfront property in Malibu is in high demand due to Malibu's promise of beach living within a short drive to the Westside of Los Angeles.
With the limited supply of beachfront property in Malibu, this land is some of the most exclusive property found not only in Los Angeles, but in the entire United States. The listings displayed below only show shoreline properties west of the PCH, but you can also peruse all Malibu real estate, including hillside homes that overlook the ocean.
Latest Malibu Oceanfront Listings
Malibu Beach Information
Malibu Beach includes homes within the 90265 zip code. Malibu Beach is found south of the Pacific Coast Highway (a.k.a "PCH") and along the Pacific Ocean shoreline.
Although the wet sand is considered public property in California, beachfront property includes the dry sand down to the tidelands, defined as the area below the mean high tide line. So the general rule is wet sand is public and dry sand (if part of a privately owned parcel) is private.
Important scenes in the Planet of the Apes series were filmed at Point Dume. For an entire summer during filming, a scale replica of the Statue of Liberty from the famous closing scene lay buried at the Southern end of Pirate's Cove.
Neighborhoods within Malibu Beach include: Malibu Colony, Carbon Beach (aka: "Billionaire's Beach"), Point Dume, Broad Beach, Victoria Point, El Matador Beach, Malibu Road, Encinal Bluffs, Big Rock Beach, La Costa Beach, Malibu Cove Colony, Latigo Shores, Escondido Beach, Las Flores Beach, Sea Level Drive, Topanga Beach, and Las Tunas County Beach.
- Surfrider Beach: First World Surfing Reserve site
- Zuma Beach
- Carbon Beach
- Malibu Beach
- Malibu Lagoon Beach
- Escondido Beach
- Topanga Beach
- Big Dume Beach
- Point Dume Beach
- Pirate's Cove
- Dan Blocker Beach
- Westward Beach (aka: Free Zuma)
- Nicholas Canyon Beach
- Paradise Cove
Famous Malibu Beach Estates and Homes:
- 21644 Pacific Coast Highway: 1930 Mediterranean beach home. Former home of Charlize Theron
- 21830 Pacific Coast Highway: 1990 Modern beach house. Former home of Janet Jackson
- 22108 Pacific Coast Highway: Home of David Geffen being shopped as a pocket listing for $100M
- 22426 Pacific Coast Highway (aka: The Segel Residence): 1979 architectural estate. Former home of Courtney Cox and David Arquette. Purchased by Frank and Jamie McCourt, former owners of the Los Angeles Dodgers, in 2007 for $33.5 million, a number that represents one of the highest prices paid for a home in Los Angeles based on price per square foot. Architect: John Lautner
- 23200 Pacific Coast Highway (aka: Adamson House): Andalusian farmhouse. The "Taj Mahal of Tile" was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977 and designated as California Historical Landmark No. 966 in 1985. Located next to the Malibu Pier, which was originally built for the family lot. Architect: Stiles O. Clements of the architectural firm of Morgan, Walls & Clements
- 24910 Pacific Coast Highway: 2001 Mediterranean home. Home of Kym Gold
- 25040 Pacific Coast Highway: 2014 Modern architectural home. Home of Kurt Rappaport featured in Architectural Digest. Architect: Scott Mitchell
- 26880 Pacific Coast Highway (aka: La Villa Contenta): 2002 Mediterranean estate
- 32058 Pacific Coast Highway: 1983 Contemporary architectural home. Featured on the television show "Modern Family." Architect: Marshall Lewis
- 33618 Pacific Coast Highway: 1960 architectural beach house. Architect: Harry Gesner
- 41800 Pacific Coast Highway: 2010 Contemporary architectural home. Architect: Ed Niles
- 27218 Escondido Beach Road: 1965 post and beam Mid-Century Modern architectural home. Photographed by Julius Shulman. Architect: William T. Dreiss
- 31250 Broad Beach Road (aka: Borman Residence): Architect: Frank Gehery
- 78 Malibu Colony Road (aka: Stevens Residence): California State Cultural Landmark. Architect: John Lautner
- 23324 Malibu Colony Road: 1980 home. Home of philanthropist Wallis Annenberg. Renovation architect: Fred Fisher
- 23445 Malibu Colony Road: 1959 home. Featured in Haute Living. Former home of Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee
- 26940 Malibu Cove Colony Drive: 1982 contemporary architectural home. Architect: Ron Goldman, AIA
- 24752 Malibu Road: 1994 Contemporary architectural home. Published in Architectural Digest. Architects: Kanner Associates
- 6525 Point Lechuza Drive (aka: LaFetra Beach House): The last built project of Koenig. Architect: Pierre Koenig
- 28020 Sea Lane Drive: Former home of Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood